The Little Branch created the HazelNut Tree for the new round of the Sense event which opened on February 15, 2018, and runs for 25 days.
This HazelNut Tree is a four (4) season tree and it is animated too. The animation is very light and natural. The tree is 100% mesh and the permissions are copy/mod. You can change the size but as with all mesh, just watch the land impact. I’ve also created a video showing the seasonal changes (Spring>Summer>Autumn/Fall>Winter) and the light movement of the leaves:
Just a little general information about Hazel trees (printed from Woodland Trust) –
- the scientific name is Corylus avellana and the family is Betulaceae
- it is a deciduous tree native to the United Kingdom though there is also an American HazelNut
- hazelnut trees can live for around 80 years with coppiced stands living for several hundres years
- The tree branches are so bendy/limber in the spring. You can actually tie a knot in a limb and it will not break.
- Hazels are wind pollinated and the pollen is not sticky so the grains repel against each other. This causes difficult for bees when trying to gather pollen.
- Leaves are soft to touch because of the hairy undersides.
- The delicious hazelnut only forms once the female flower is wind pollinated. First the fruit is oval and hangs in groups. At maturity, there is a woody shell surrounding the nuts which also is within a bract of leaves.
HazelNut from The Little Branch (Sense Event – February 15 – March 9) @
Fluffy grass from The Little Branch @ (included in HazelNut tree package)
Snakeweed from The Little Branch
Riverwood tree from The Little Branch
Riverbeech tree from The Little Branch
Sol Existence sim
Music in video – Medicine by LiamM