Strawberry Singh posted a “Monday Meme Challenge” last week (January 5) that encouraged all to put on a smile and create a yearbook pic. I’m really not a fan of smiling avatars in Second Life and only rarely try but I decided… why not?
We have so many things to smile about as a new year kicks in and perhaps we should project those smiles in the virtual world too. 2015 will bring about interesting change for me. I will be making a real life move sometime in February to be close to family. This will be a very welcome change as I will also be exiting the cold damp winter and shoveling snow. While I do look forward to it, there are lots of things that make me nervous like when I graduated from high school… I was headed out as an exchange student to Australia and well that was a big change. An exciting one but still something that made me nervous. This time, it is bit different. The nerves are derived from excitement and fear about moving away from home or being far away from the familiar. This time those nerves surround my work. I am blessed that I will still be working for the same manager, in the same division and doing basically the same thing… just in a remote situation. The nerves come in when I start wondering how it will work; will my manager feel that I am more easily expendable; will I feel totally disconnected? I’ve discussed these with my boss and my plan is to work in an office a few days a week and from home the other days. This will at least provide connection with people, even though it won’t be my staff or my direct peers. Working in the office also gives me the opportunity to network in case my manager does decide that my position is no longer needed in his division. At least I would possibly know someone who knows someone who has a position available if I work from the office most of the time. All in all though, moving will be good. I might not be in Second Life as much because obligations will change, but I will still be here.
Skin: -Glam Affair – Sia II – Jamaica tone – 01 D (The Chapter Four)
Eyes: IKON Spectral Eyes – Field
Lashes: ::BB:: Mesh Lashes V.01 (minimalist black)
Hair: MINA Hair – Selenia (no materials) (The Arcade) @
Earrings: MG – Earrings – Valencia Cross
Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V2.0
Sweater: Mikunch lame-sweater with antique blouse short
Smile: [PXL] OpenMouth PRO Teeth v2.0 with braces
Pose: Izzie’s Headshot Poses
Animation: AnyPose Expression HUD v1.0
“Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
― C.G. Jung
A while ago, I had thought about doing one of the Monday memes that Strawberry Singh posts on her blog, but then I put that thought away while focusing on other things. Then several weeks back, Berry posted her Introspection meme and my interest perked up again. Now, a month later, I am finally putting my fingers to the keyboard and making this happen. Perhaps I’ll try some of the other memes that Berry has posted, but I’m not going to make any promises for now.
- Regardless of your current number, how old do you actually feel? – Mentally, I feel no more than 30, and that is way off from my current number. There are days when I physically feel closer to my age, but mostly… I feel younger!
- Which is worse, failing or never trying? – Never trying… trying might turn in to success, and why wouldn’t you want to go that route? Sure, after a few fails, it might be more difficult to try again, but I will tell you, trying again will always be the better option! (well, unless it is trying to do something destructive)
- If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? – Well for one thing, I would apparently be dead. But if 40 was the average span, I don’t think I would have focused as much on my career. I would have traveled more, volunteered more of my time and not worried so much about building a nest egg for my post retirement years.
- Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? – Argh.. this one is tough. I worry in general, and I always want to do things the right way. However I also want to do the right things. Let’s just say I’ll worry about both of these.
- Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? – Well we have established that I am a worrier…but I think I’d rather be a joyful simpleton as long as I was productive and had some type of success.
- Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? – Yes, for the most part, I think I have. I am a listener, a comforter and try to be there when my friends need me. I do need to reach out and initiate conversation more often as I am often challenged with that (hate to disturb people).
- Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? – I remember something happening that was very upsetting at the time, but nope, it doesn’t matter now. It worked out for the better and also offered a life lesson.
- If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? – Another difficult question… I’d have to work out the financials, and investment options, but I probably would still work. I might change careers or jobs to do something I enjoy more or would be more rewarding. In other words, the salary would no longer be a driving force.
- If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? – My mom. I only see her a couple of times a year as it is, and yep..I’d do all I could to get there for one more visit.
- What do you feel is the difference between being alive and truly living? – Truly living is enjoying life and making a difference (to yourself or others); making the choices to experience new things and repeat enjoyable activities. It is about growing and learning and not allowing yourself to become stagnate. It is about love of people and of life. Being alive is merely organic existence.
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? – Some mistakes hurt. Some mistakes are difficult life lessons. Some mistakes cause pain to others and can sever relationships. And there are those mistakes where the lesson learned is difficult to find. While we might learn, the repercussions of making the mistake are the main reason for the fear one faces.
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? – I worry more about being happy with the choices I make than what people might say, but I think that sometimes I do let others sway the choices as well. I’m not sure what I would do differently… I’ll have to think on this one for a while.
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? – To live life with an open mind and to try to avoid learning prejudice from those around them.
“To find out what is truly individual in ourselves,
profound reflection is needed;
and suddenly we realize how uncommonly
difficult the discovery of individuality is.”
― C.G. Jung
So that wasn’t so difficult… perhaps I will try to do more of these!
Candy Skin ~America 02 from Glam Affair by Aida Ewing
Deep Sky Eyes from Mayfly by Arkesh Baral
Dainty Black Lashes from Beetlebones by Suetabulous Yootz
AvEnhance Mesh Hands – Casual from Slink by Siddean Munro
Hands – Avatar Enhancement Appliers for Slink Mesh Hands from Glam Affair by Aida Ewing
Opaque Gloss Fingernail Appliers for Slink Mesh Hands from KOSH by Lynaja Bade (The Arcade Gacha Event
Luna Ring  RARE from Shakeup! by Carrie Janick (The Arcade Gacha Event)
Trinity Pearl Earrings – White/Platinum from Earthstones by Abraxxa Anatine
Danika Dress – Hunter from EccentriciXI by diacentra Edenbaum (gift, thank you!)
Buckle Wedge Bootie – Forest – from Tulip by Minami Susanowa
Claire Mesh Hair – Reds from Wasabi Pills by MissAllSunday Lemon
Pose/Prop: Adorkable by Adorkable Peapod
You must be logged in to post a comment.