“Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
― C.G. Jung
A while ago, I had thought about doing one of the Monday memes that Strawberry Singh posts on her blog, but then I put that thought away while focusing on other things. Then several weeks back, Berry posted her Introspection meme and my interest perked up again. Now, a month later, I am finally putting my fingers to the keyboard and making this happen. Perhaps I’ll try some of the other memes that Berry has posted, but I’m not going to make any promises for now.
- Regardless of your current number, how old do you actually feel? – Mentally, I feel no more than 30, and that is way off from my current number. There are days when I physically feel closer to my age, but mostly… I feel younger!
- Which is worse, failing or never trying? – Never trying… trying might turn in to success, and why wouldn’t you want to go that route? Sure, after a few fails, it might be more difficult to try again, but I will tell you, trying again will always be the better option! (well, unless it is trying to do something destructive)
- If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? – Well for one thing, I would apparently be dead. But if 40 was the average span, I don’t think I would have focused as much on my career. I would have traveled more, volunteered more of my time and not worried so much about building a nest egg for my post retirement years.
- Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? – Argh.. this one is tough. I worry in general, and I always want to do things the right way. However I also want to do the right things. Let’s just say I’ll worry about both of these.
- Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? – Well we have established that I am a worrier…but I think I’d rather be a joyful simpleton as long as I was productive and had some type of success.
- Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? – Yes, for the most part, I think I have. I am a listener, a comforter and try to be there when my friends need me. I do need to reach out and initiate conversation more often as I am often challenged with that (hate to disturb people).
- Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? – I remember something happening that was very upsetting at the time, but nope, it doesn’t matter now. It worked out for the better and also offered a life lesson.
- If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? – Another difficult question… I’d have to work out the financials, and investment options, but I probably would still work. I might change careers or jobs to do something I enjoy more or would be more rewarding. In other words, the salary would no longer be a driving force.
- If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? – My mom. I only see her a couple of times a year as it is, and yep..I’d do all I could to get there for one more visit.
- What do you feel is the difference between being alive and truly living? – Truly living is enjoying life and making a difference (to yourself or others); making the choices to experience new things and repeat enjoyable activities. It is about growing and learning and not allowing yourself to become stagnate. It is about love of people and of life. Being alive is merely organic existence.
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? – Some mistakes hurt. Some mistakes are difficult life lessons. Some mistakes cause pain to others and can sever relationships. And there are those mistakes where the lesson learned is difficult to find. While we might learn, the repercussions of making the mistake are the main reason for the fear one faces.
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? – I worry more about being happy with the choices I make than what people might say, but I think that sometimes I do let others sway the choices as well. I’m not sure what I would do differently… I’ll have to think on this one for a while.
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? – To live life with an open mind and to try to avoid learning prejudice from those around them.
― C.G. Jung
So that wasn’t so difficult… perhaps I will try to do more of these!
~SunshineCredits: Candy Skin ~America 02 from Glam Affair by Aida Ewing
Deep Sky Eyes from Mayfly by Arkesh Baral Dainty Black Lashes from Beetlebones by Suetabulous Yootz AvEnhance Mesh Hands – Casual from Slink by Siddean Munro Hands – Avatar Enhancement Appliers for Slink Mesh Hands from Glam Affair by Aida Ewing Opaque Gloss Fingernail Appliers for Slink Mesh Hands from KOSH by Lynaja Bade (The Arcade Gacha Event Luna Ring  RARE from Shakeup! by Carrie Janick (The Arcade Gacha Event) Trinity Pearl Earrings – White/Platinum from Earthstones by Abraxxa Anatine Danika Dress – Hunter from EccentriciXI by diacentra Edenbaum (gift, thank you!) Buckle Wedge Bootie – Forest – from Tulip by Minami Susanowa Claire Mesh Hair – Reds from Wasabi Pills by MissAllSunday Lemon
Pose/Prop: Adorkable by Adorkable Peapod