I did another meme from Strawberry Singh’s Monday Memes…
- Are you a bookworm? – When I am in the mood, I can be. I used to read more but find that unless I am on vacation or traveling, I don’t read nearly as much.
- Which do you prefer: hardcover, paperback or electronic? – I like them all. Hardcover when it is a larger longer read; paperback when I am lazing on the beach; and my Kindle when I am traveling more or out and about. The plus of the Kindle is that I can take more books with me AND I can also read via my apps on my phone or iPad.
- Which book is your favorite? – Generally speaking it is usually the last book that I have read. I read for escapism primarily and either go towards crime/suspense or the oddly contrasting, women’s fiction most of the time. Lately one of my favorites has been Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah. However, I am also really enjoying the Game of Thrones series as well.
- Which children’s book is your favorite? – Oh my, that was sooo many years ago. Ha! As a small child, I read what most do.. Dr. Seuss and others. My faves were probably Where the Wild Things Are and The Jungle Book. As I aged, I read whatever I could get my hands on and collected the “Nancy Drew Mysteries” and anything by Judy Blume and of course, the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Favorite as a teen… Helter Skelter and Amityville Horror and some of the Stephen King books.
- What’s the last book you’ve read? – Game of Thrones
- Name your top five favorite writers: – James Patterson, Patricia Cornwell, J.R.R. Tolkien, Judy Blume, George R.R. Martin are some of the all time faves…
- Name a book that had a strong impact on you: – I‘ll have to get back to you on this..
- Favorite & least favorite book genres? – Faves include crime/suspense drama as well as women’s fiction. But now and then, I take a little detour and go over towards fantasy or general fiction. I rarely read non-fiction unless I have to for school or work, but I will occasionally find a book of poetry that I enjoy. Least fave fictional genre would be full on romance ‘novels’. I just can’t manage page after page of “heaving bosoms” and “flush from excitement” moments.
- Favorite & least favorite book-to-movie adaptation? – I absolutely agree with Berry that the BBC Adaptation of Pride and Prejudice was light year beyond. I’d almost say the same about the Sense and Sensibility adaptations, but I did enjoy both the BBC version and the cinematic version of that one. I have been quite amazed at how well Game of Thrones has translated to the HBO series. The drama, the character development and the scenes have been so well done. Least fave would probably be The Scarlet Letter.
- Have you ever bought a book based on the cover alone? – No, I can’t say that I have.
- Where do you usually buy your books? – These days, I’d say Amazon, however in the past, I was a frequent visitor to the Barnes and Noble or the old Borders. I always love when I find a small quaint bookstore, and also do tend to spend time in used bookstores when I find them.
- Do you go to the library? – Not so much… not so convenient where i live these days. When I was a child and a young teen, I spent tons of time at our library and actually worked there into my teens. I loved it. As I got older, I would often spend time at the local libraries until probably the last 10 years or so.
- How many books do you own? – When I moved to this state 10 years ago, I got rid of a tremendous number of books. I probably only have around 25-30 now. Of course, this does not count cookbooks, right?
- If you were to write a book about Second Life, which topic would you focus on? The amazing ability of those that successfully play multiple avatars and the impact they have on those around them.
Credits: Candy skin – America 06 from Glam Affair by Aida Ewing (previous Arcade Gacha) Spectral Eyes – Field from IKON by Ikon Innovia (faMESHed) Minimalist Black Mesh Eyelashes from Beetlebones by Suetabulous Yootz Mesh Eyelashes from Maitreya by Onyx LeShelle Moonage Daydream – Red Eye Flight from Clawtooth by Bubbles Clawtooth (Collabor88) Hairbase – Garnet from D!va by Marisa Kira Elusive Earrings from CAE by Cae Hancroft (FaMESHed) Elusive Necklace from CAE by Cae Hancroft (FaMESHed) AvEnhance Mesh Hands – Casual from Slink by Siddean Munro Nostalgia Ring from CAE by Cae Hancroft (Collabor88) Vintage Alphabet Ring Heart Rare from ASO! by Menieelee Gelles (previous Arcade Gacha) Knit Bomber Beige from Fishy Strawberry by Fae Eriksen (FaMESHed) Tapered Cargo Pants – Brown from Fishy Strawberry by Fae Eriksen (FaMESHed) Worn Combat Boots Army from DRD by Jaimy Hancroft Storybook Royalty Pumpkin Crown from Schadenfreude by Allegory Malaprop (previous Arcade Gacha) Pose Props Magic Book #3 from Flowey by Flutter Memel My Magic Books from Imeka by NatiWilliams